About Me

My photo
Hi all. You may be wondering who or what is Scatty? Well Scatty is a cat who likes only one person and one person only. Therefore whatever I do or wherever I am at home, Scatty needs to be involved. Rarely do I spend any time in the kitchen when Scatty isn't getting under my feet and demanding attention. A little tip when looking for specific recipes...use the search button with terms like salads, desserts, etc. to find recipes under each category. I will endeavour to stick to this format. Most of these recipes have been taken or adapted from books and I will try to recognise the original author whenever possible. Where something is a little more original, I have a tendency to add a dash of this or a pinch of that... quantities and specifics are not my strong point. I will attempt to be more specific :-)

Thursday 31 March 2011

MISC: Lemon Curd

There are many recipes for lemon curd out there, but this is a tried and true version from Delicious Magazine, August 2007. I usually make a double recipe if I am going to the effort to make it as I find it keeps pretty well in the fridge and is also nice as a gift. Having said that it's not that much of an effort to make it more regularly. The left over egg-whites are a good opportunity to try the chocolate and hazelnut meringues from my previous post :-)

Makes about 1 1/2 cups

2 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup chilled unsalted butter
Zest and juice of 2 lemons

Whisk whole eggs, yolks and sugar in a saucepan until smooth, then place pan over low heat (make sure you don't use too high a heat as this can scramble the eggs). Add the butter, juice and zest and whisk continuously until thickened. Strain through a sieve into a sterilised jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment