About Me

My photo
Hi all. You may be wondering who or what is Scatty? Well Scatty is a cat who likes only one person and one person only. Therefore whatever I do or wherever I am at home, Scatty needs to be involved. Rarely do I spend any time in the kitchen when Scatty isn't getting under my feet and demanding attention. A little tip when looking for specific recipes...use the search button with terms like salads, desserts, etc. to find recipes under each category. I will endeavour to stick to this format. Most of these recipes have been taken or adapted from books and I will try to recognise the original author whenever possible. Where something is a little more original, I have a tendency to add a dash of this or a pinch of that... quantities and specifics are not my strong point. I will attempt to be more specific :-)

Saturday 5 March 2011

DESSERT: Butterscotch Banana Saucy puddings

Jo Seagar's Jo Seagar Cooks

Another great way to use up the bananas no one wants to eat. This is a great winter pudding. Personally I think it is best with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.

For the pudding

1 1/4 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 large or 2 small bananas, mashed
200ml milk
100g butter, melted
1 large egg
1 tsp butterscotch or vanilla essence

For the sauce

1 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
1 cup boiling water
1/2 tsp butterscotch or vanilla essence
Icing sugar to dust
Cream, yoghurt or ice cream to serve

Preheat oven to 180 dec C. Spray 6 cup-sized ramekins, small bowls or a 2.5 litre dish with non-stick baking spray.

Mix all the pudding ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer and divide amongst prepared bowls.

To make the sauce, mix all ingredients in a large microwave-proof jug and microwave on high until boiling, stirring a couple of times. Carefully pour the boiling mixture over the puddings. Bake for 30-40 minutes. The butterscotch sauce will be gooey under the sponge. Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream, yoghurt or ice-cream.

Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment